Washington DC VA Medical Center
Community Based Outpatient Clinic Alexandria, VA
The Department of Veterans Affairs Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) in Alexandria, Virginia is moving to the new Community Hospital at Ft. Belvoir on September 19. Veterans currently receiving care at the Alexandria CBOC will continue care without interruption and with the same providers at the VA-Ft. Belvoir CBOC.
Coming soon! VA-Ft. Belvoir Community Clinic
On September 19, 2011, a new VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) at the Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital’s Sunrise Pavilion. The CBOC will provide basic medical care, preventive care, and health education for eligible Veterans, including comprehensive women’s health care. Health care at this clinic is provided and coordinated by a physician and nurse case manager.
The VA-Ft. Belvoir CBOC will be open Mondays through Fridays 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for medical appointments.
The Ft. Belvoir CBOC will be located on 9300 DeWitt Loop inside the Sunrise Pavilion. Veterans may access Ft. Belvoir through the main entrance (Tulley Gate) with their VA identification card. Those taking public transportation may take the yellow Metro line to the Huntington Metro station and then transfer to the REX bus (Richmond Highway Express) to access the base.
Driving Direction From Washington DC (1-95 South)
- If you are traveling south on 1-95, take the Fairfax Parkway/Backlick Road (7100) exit 166 A.
- Take the Fairfax County Parkway to its end at U.S. Rt. 1 (Richmond Highway.)
- Turn left.
- At the first light, on the right, is the entrance for Tulley Gate on to Fort Belvoir.
- This is the main entrance to the post and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- All visitors to Fort Belvoir without DOD decals on their vehicles MUST use Tulley Gate. For information about Department of Defense decals, call the VPOC at (703) 806-4892.
From Richmond (1-95 North)
- If you are traveling north on 1-95 North, take the Fort Belvoir Exit 161 B. (U.S. Rt 1 -- Richmond Highway)
- You will travel five miles to Fort Belvoir.
- Continue through the light at the Fairfax County Parkway (VA 7100). At the next stop light, on the right side you will see the entrance for Tulley Gate, turn right.