Washington DC VA Medical Center
Capitol Network Veterans Engagement Board
Community involvement is key to the success of the MyVA transformation effort. MyVA Communities and the Community Veterans Engagement Boards (CNVEB) located across the nation; bring together local resources and capabilities to improve outcomes for Veterans, transitioning service members and those who support them. MyVA Communities enable Veterans to: easily identify and reach available resources, voice their opinions and provide valuable input. The boards are inclusive, accessible, community-driven, flexible and integrated.
In Washington, D.C., the Capitol Network Veterans Engagement Board has hit the ground running. They have been busy establishing goals, developing a charter and obtaining feedback from the community.
CNVEB Mission Statement: To be the Washington DC area leader advocating on behalf of the Veteran community such that they can achieve full and efficient access to services.
CNVEB Guiding Principles:
- Maintain a semblance of independence and objectivity.
- Always tackle problems with a "veteran centric" purpose in its actions and decision making.
- Tackle the tough problems and be prepared to "speak truth to power" while always being constructive and professional.
- Seek to build trust with all stakeholders.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Maintain transparency in all our deliberations.
- Hold ourselves accountable. Define what success looks like, measure our results and publish our finding and recommendations for all to see.