Washington DC VA Medical Center
Volunteer or Donate
Thank you for your interest in serving America's Veterans by contributing your time, talent, funds or goods to the Washington DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center! Please review the information provided below on volunteering and donations. The DCVAMC Voluntary Service office is available at 202-745-8320 to answer any questions.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- All Volunteers must pass a background check and a health screening that includes a TB test.
- (Both are provided by the VA at no cost)
- The majority of Volunteer opportunities are Monday-Friday during the hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm. Evening and weekend opportunities are possible, but very limited.
- Volunteer interviews are held on Monday or Tuesday mornings and must be scheduled in advance by calling 202-745-8320.
- If accepted, Volunteers then attend Volunteer Orientation starting at 8:30am the Thursday of the same week of the interview.
- **You must be able to attend both the interview and Orientation within the same week.**
- While Volunteering is a way to keep and learn new professional skills its purpose is to serve America's Veterans and should not be considered an avenue to employment at the DCVAMC.
Group Requests to Volunteer
We are extremely lucky that we receive many inquiries for groups to volunteer at the DCVAMC. We make every effort to accommodate group volunteer efforts when possible.
Donations from individuals and organizations make it possible for us to continue to offer important Veteran programing and events here at the Washington DC VA Medical Center and within our community. Monetary and non-monetary contributions are accepted. Your support, at any level, is welcomed and appreciated!
Non –Monetary contributions are used to support both in and out-patient Veterans. Examples include:
- new clothing
- coffee and condiments
- laundry detergent pods
- bottled water
- gift cards for grocery stores and gas stations
NOTE: Please contact the Voluntary Service Office at 202-745-8320 to discuss any non-monetary contributions prior to collection and delivery
Monetary contributions are used toward items and activities that increase the comfort and welfare of our Veteran patients. A few examples include:
- Purchasing hygiene items for our comforts kits for new patients
- Refreshments for Veteran patient events
- Recreational programming and outings
- Support for our homeless and at-risk Veterans
E-Donate, a new online donation option, provides community members, businesses and nonprofit organizations a quick way to pledge their support for the needs of hospitalized Veterans at the Washington DC VA Medical Center.
E-Donate is simple, speedy and safe. Donors can select a specific program to support the needs of Veteran patients throughout the DC area including our:
- Social Work Account – which provides assistance to homeless and at-risk Veterans in the DC area who need emergency assistance (i.e. cab fare, telephone cards, clothing etc.)
- Comfort Account – which provides comfort items such as hygiene items to newly-admitted Veterans.
- All Purpose Account – which supports various patient needs throughout the medical center that are not funded through other accounts.
Donations can be made by credit or debit card. Just click on E-Donation. Your donation will be made through a secure site at the U.S. Department of Treasury. A minimum of $5.00 is required for all online donations through E-Donate.
To find out more about volunteering or donating to help support the Veterans of the Washington DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center please call: 202-745-8320.