Washington DC VA Medical Center
Request Your Medical Records
Our Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We are available Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm for your convenience.
We can assist you with the following:
- access to your medical records
- obtaining copies of your medical records
- requests to amend or correct your medical records
- an accounting or list of disclosures of your health information
- requesting Military records
How to Request Information
Please download and print one of the forms listed:
- Request for and Authorization to Release Medical Records or Health Information (VA 10-5345)
- Individuals' Request for a Copy of Their Own Health Information (VA 10-5345a)
Complete the requested information, sign the form, and mail it or hand carry to the following address:
Washington VA Medical Center
Release of Information Office
50 Irving Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20422
Because forms must contain an original signature, e-mailed forms cannot be accepted.
Requests for records are processed within (20) days of receiving your request.
The Department of Veterans Affairs does not have access to your military records including the DD214. To request these records you must contact the National Archives. For more information visit: Military Service Records